About Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, VMOU Kota
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, VMOU Kota is an open university at Kota. It was established in the year 1987. Presently, it offers various courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate and at the Doctoral level. It also provides diploma programs. Moreover, it offers admissions two times a year, in the month of July and January. Further, the eligibility for candidates to get admission here is that they must pass the 12th examination from any recognizable board of education. Moreover, the institute focusses on the humanities, commerce, library science, and informatics. This university has many other institutions across Rajasthan.
Further, the university has great infrastructure. It is located at one of the education hubs of India – Kota. The environment is best for the students to concentrate on their academics. Also, this is the third oldest open university in India. The university has collaborations with other open universities in order to improve and update the quality of study and research. It also ensures proper administration of the university. There are a number of bodies including the Board of Management, the Planning Board, and the Academic Council. Moreover, the Institute is offering 80 courses at various levels. Above all, around 35,000 students take admission here.
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, VMOU Kota Admissions
Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, VMOU Kota Admissions are for various courses in the field of Science, Commerce, and Arts. Below are general requirements for UG and PG programmes.
To be eligible, the candidate must pass 12th from any recognizable board.
To be eligible for the postgraduate course, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree, of minimum three years, from any recognized university.
- For admission in MBA at this college, the candidate must have at least 50% in Bachelor’s Degree.
- Candidate can also have a Master’s degree in another course.
- They are eligible even if they have a bachelor’s degree with three years of work experience.
- The candidate must secure at least 50% in their bachelor’s degree.
- However, for SC/ ST candidate there is a relaxation of 5%.
It is compulsory for the candidate to pass in Bachelor of Library & Information Science [B.Lib.I.Sc].
- The candidate who is eligible and also qualifies in the entrance test needs to pay the Admission fees online.
- Then, the candidate has to fill out the admission form.
- Later, you should upload the application form and attested copies of all the documents which is required for the admission process.
- It is not allowable to change study center after the generation of Scholar Number.
VMOU Kota Facilities
The library was established in 1987. Moreover, its purpose is to support the educational and research programs. Also, it provides physical and intellectual access to information. For the users, it develops a comprehensive collection of documents. This library has sections such as Acquisition, Technical, Circulation, etc. Additionally, the library is working in a round building having a total built-up area of 2036.00 sq.mt.
The university has various labs for all the disciplines. The labs have modern types of equipment. These labs help the students in learning practicals.
VMOU Kota Contact Details
- Address: Vardhman Mahaveer Open University, Rawatbhata Road, Kota, Rajasthan, India – 324021
- Telephone: 1800-180-6166/ 0744-2797000
- Email: email@example.com