MAH MCA Results:
The MAH MCA CET 2018 result was announced on April 3, 2018, following which the qualifying candidates will have to register for DTE’s Common Admission Process. The exact date of result declaration will be announced with the complete exam schedule. MAH MCA CET 2018 test takers can download their scorecards from the official website of DTE Maharashtra by using their login IDs.
How to Check MAH MCA CET 2018 result
Candidates can check the result by following the steps given below:
- Navigate to the official website link (link is given above).
- Open the link and search “MAH MCA CET Result 2018”.
- Enter the registration number or roll number to access the result.
- Click on submit button and view your result.
- Check every detail printed on the result sheet and click on the print button.
- Take a printout of the result and preserve it till the admission procedure is over.
Each scorecard will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, sectional and overall scores. The test takers must download their scorecards as no hard copies will be sent to any candidate.
Introduction to MAH MCA CET:
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for MCA (MAH MCA CET) is a state-level exam, organized by DTE (Directorate of Technical Education), Maharashtra. The exam is conducted for the 1st year or 2nd-year lateral entry of full-time degree course of MCA in various institutes across the state of Maharashtra. The admission is offered on the basis of score. Students can get admission in various Government and private colleges in the state of Maharashtra. Here students can check the complete information of MAH MCA CET application process including result, dates, cut off, counselling, etc.
MAH MCA CET Important Dates:
Therefore, the annual calendar for exams available every year in the month of Febrarury/March. The calendar for the year awaits to release at the beginning of the year. MAH MCA CET organizes Maharashtra entrance test once in a year tentatively in the month of March/April. However, the tentative schedule for examinations is on the basis of the previous year’s calendar.
MAH MCA CET Eligibility:
candidates satisfying the stated MAH MCA CET Eligibility requirements can apply online for the exam.
- In the first place, the candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- A student must pass 12th or graduation with mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Candidates must hold the three years Bachelors Degree in any discipline from any recognized university.
- Also, students must have passed Bachelor Degree in Computer Applications or Science (Computer science or Information Technology) and must obtain 50% marks (45% for reserved category students) in aggregate in the qualifying examination.
- Final year Graduation students are also eligible to apply, but they will have to provide Graduation certificate at the time of admission.
MAH MCA CET Syllabus:
With the introduction of new sections in the examination, the syllabus has also been revised. DTE Maharashtra has released the new MAH MCA CET Syllabus at the official website. Section-wise syllabus with important topics is given below:
Mathematics & Statistics:
Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, DifferentialEquations, Trigonometry, Arithmetics, Mensuration
Logical or Abstract Reasoning:
Seating Arrangement Problems, Circular Arrangements, Blood Arrangements, Sets based on grouping and pattern, Mapping and best routes, Selection, and Conditionals
English Comprehension and Verbal Ability:
Para jumbles, Error Spotting, Para completion, Summary writing, Synonyms and Antonyms, Ordering of Sentences.
Computer Basics, Data Representation, Computer Architecture, Computer Language.
MAH MCA CET Exam Pattern:
- MAH MCA CET will only be held in the online mode which a Computer Based Test.
- Candidates are required to mark answers on the computer screen.
- The exam will be conducted in English only.
- Time allotted for the MAH MCA CET test is 90 minutes.
- Questions in the MAH MCA CET test will be Objective Type Multiple Choice questions.
- For every question, four options given out of which only one option will be correct.
- MAH MCA CET will be conducted in four sections of 200 marks. The four sections of the exam are Logical / Abstract Reasoning, Computer Concepts, English Comprehensions and verbal ability and Mathematics & Statistics.
- For every correct answer, 2 marks will be awarded.
- 0.5 marks deducted for each incorrect response.
MAH MCA CET Application Form & Process:
Here candidates can check the procedure to fill and submit the MAH MCA CET application form:
- Students can avail the application form through online mode.
- Therefore, no offline mode is available for applying.
- Students have to register themselves by entering their all relevant details.
- After that, the registration number and password generated.
- Students instructed to fill all the details carefully in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images of signature and photograph as per the specifications required.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through online mode. (For all students, those belong to Outside Maharashtra State, Open Category students from Maharashtra State and J & K Migrant – Rs. 1000/- and for students belonging to Maharashtra State of Backward Class Categories [SC, ST, VJDT NT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC] and also Persons with Disability – Rs. 800/-)
- Take a printout of the completely filled form for the admission procedure.
- The available option of remitting of the fee are credit card/debit card, internet banking, IMPS, cash cards/mobile wallets, etc.
- Finally, No other mode is available to pay fees and the application fee is once paid. It is non-refundable.
MAH MCA CET Reference Books:
Also, no specific reference books for MAH MCA CET examination. Candidates advised using any means necessary for an preparation for MAH MCA CET. Additionally, but a few books suggested for reading mentioned below:
- Computer Fundamentals of P. K. Sinha
- Mathematics for MCA Entrance Examination by Amit Choudhary and Neelam Choudhary
- General Knowledge Essential ‘Knowledge Capsule’ in General Awareness & Current Affairs
- Verbal Ability by Wren and Martin
- A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning
MAH MCA Exam Centres:
Therefore, MAH MCA CET entrance examination held at various centres across the state of Maharashtra. While the time of filling the Application form candidate will have the option to select one exam centre. Also, a candidate can select any exam centre mentioned in the exam centre drop-down list and also, Details of MAH MCA exam centres are on the admit card. The candidate has to report to the examination centre before the exam starts. MAH MCA exam held in various cities as given in the following tables. The candidates are to be very careful while selecting the MAH MCA exam centre.
MAH MCA Admit Card:
Therefore, Hall ticket issued to candidates who have successfully registered for MAH MCA CET and also, visit the official website of MCA CET exam to download it. And also enter your application number and password to access the document. Admit Card contains the following details:
- Registration No. of candidate
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s Name
- Candidate’s photograph
- Test venue
- Date and time of the entrance exam
- Reporting time at the Exam Center
MAH MCA Results:
Therefore, MAH MCA CET Results released on the Official Website by Directorate of Technical Education. Additionally, To check MAH MCA CET results on the Official Website, candidates required to enter their application ID and password. Candidates to take printouts of the result and keep it safe till the admission process gets completed.
MAH MCA Counselling:
Finally, the counselling dates announced officially on the website after the MAH MCA CET results are out. Also, Candidates required to follow some instructions to be a part of the counselling process. Candidates required to register online by filling details such as Father’s name, email ID, contact no., etc. Once the form filled, candidates required to submit the form online. Likewise, this step will issue them a temporary provisional letter based on their ranking. Candidates must verify their document after receiving their temporary provisional letter at the counselling venue. You must also carry originals. Candidates must reach their respective colleges to verify their documents. List of Documents need for MAH MCA CET Counselling:
- MAH MCA CET Admit Card and Score Card
- DTE Allotment Letter
- SSC Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- HSC Marksheet and Passing Certificate
- Degree Marksheet (all semester) and Degree Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate (other than University of Mumbai student)
- Caste certificate