The candidates who want to appear for NEET 2019 can refer to the NEET 2019 Exam Pattern below.
- Exam Mode: The NEET 2019 exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based test).
- Answer Sheet: Applicants need to mark their response on the machine-gradable NEET OMR sheet with a blue or black ballpoint pen.
- Type of Question: The NEET 2019 Question paper will have multiple choice questions.
- Answering Pattern: Candidates need to pick the right response from the four alternatives provided underneath the questions.
- Number of Questions: NEET 2019 exam booklet will comprise of a total of 180 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Documents: The candidates must have NEET 2019 Admit Card and Passport size Photograph on the day of the exam.
- Rough Work: All rough work must be done in the test booklet only. The candidate will not be allowed to do any rough work or put stray marks on the machine gradable Answer Sheet.
- NEET 2019 Mock Test: The candidates are advised to solve the NEET previous year question papers and mock test papers to get familiar with the exam pattern.
- NOTE: Pen will be provided at the NEET 2019 exam centres for the writing of particulars on the test booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Mode of NEET 2019 Exam||Offline mode (Pen and Paper)|
|NEET 2019 Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Medium of Exam||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections||Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology – 90 Questions
|Total Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Total Marks on Examination||720 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
For Every incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern- Marking Scheme:
- Every question will carry 4 marks in NEET 2019. The NEET 2019 question paper will be set for a total of 720 marks.
- The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be awarded for unmarked responses.
- The candidates have to score the minimum qualifying marks in order to be eligible for admissions through NEET 2019.
NEET 2019 Exam Schedule:
|NEET 2019 Exam Day events||Time|
|Entry in the examination hall||7.30 AM to 9.30 AM|
|Closing the entry to the examination hall||9.30 AM|
|NEET 2019 Admit card checking process||9.30 AM to 9.45 AM|
|Distribution of test books||9.45 AM|
|Seal of the question booklet to be broken by the candidate||9.55 AM|
|Commencement of NEET 2019 exam||10.00 AM|
|Completion of NEET 2019 exam||01.00 PM|
NEET 2019 Category-wise qualifying marks:
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile||Marks|
|Unreserved||50th Percentile||131 Marks|
|OBC||40th Percentile||107 Marks|
|SC||40th Percentile||107 Marks|
|ST||40th Percentile||107 Marks|
|Unreserved & PH||45th Percentile||118 Marks|
|OBC & PH/ SC & PH/ ST & PH||40th Percentile||107 Marks|
NEET 2019 Exam Centre and Medium of Paper:
|NEET 2019 Exam centres||Medium of Question Paper|
|All examination centres||English and Hindi|
|Examination centres in Assam||English, Hindi and Assamese|
|Examination centres in Karnataka||English, Hindi and Kannada|
|Examination centres in West Bengal||English, Hindi and Bengali|
|Examination centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana||English, Hindi and Telugu|
|Examination centres in Tamil Nadu||English, Hindi and Tamil|
|Examination centres in Gujarat||English, Hindi, and Gujarati|
|Examination centres in Odisha||English, Hindi and Oriya|
|Examination centres in Maharashtra||English, Hindi and Marathi|