The candidates who want to appear for NEET 2019 can refer to the NEET 2019 Exam Pattern below:
- Exam Mode: The NEET 2019 will be conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen and Paper-based Test (PBT).
- Answer Sheet: Applicants need to mark their response on the machine-gradable NEET OMR sheet with a blue or black ballpoint pen.
- Type of Question: The NEET 2019 Question paper will have multiple choice questions.
- Answering Pattern: Candidates need to pick the right response from the four alternatives provided underneath the questions.
- Number of Questions: NEET 2019 booklet will comprise of a total of 180 Multiple Choice Questions.
- Documents: The candidates must have NEET 2019 Admit Card and Passport size Photograph on the day of the exam.
- Rough Work: All rough work must be done in the test booklet only. The candidate will not be allowed to do any rough work or put stray marks on the machine gradable Answer Sheet.
- NEET 2019 Mock Test: The candidates are advised to solve the NEET previous year question papers and mock test papers to get familiar with the exam pattern.
- NOTE: Pen will be provided at the NEET 2019 Exam Centres for the writing of particulars on the test booklet and responses on the Answer Sheet.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT)|
|Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Topics||Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)|
English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya and Kannada
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections||Physics – 45 Questions
Chemistry – 45 Questions
Biology – 90 Questions
|Total Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Total Marks||720 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
For each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern- Marking Scheme:
- Every question will carry 4 marks in NEET 2019. The NEET 2019 question paper will be set for a total of 720 marks.
- The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- No marks will be awarded for unmarked responses.
- The candidates have to score the minimum qualifying marks in order to be eligible for admissions through NEET 2019.
|Pattern||Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|180 Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions||Physics||45||180|
|Biology (Botany & Zoology)||90||360|
NEET 2019 Exam Schedule:
|NEET 2019 Date||5th May 2019 (Sunday)|
|NEET 2019 Time and Duration||02 PM to 05:00 PM (3 hours)|
|Last Entry to NEET 2019 Exam Centre||01:30 PM|
|Sit on the place in Examination Hall/ Room||01:15 PM|
|Announcement of Instructions and Verification of Admit Card||01:30 PM to 01:45 PM|
|Distribution of Test Booklets||01:45 PM|
|Writing the particulars on the Test Booklets by candidates||01:50 PM|
|Commence of Test||02:00 PM|
|Conclude of Test||05:00 PM|
NEET 2019 Exam Centre and Medium of Paper:
|Neet 2019 Exam Centres||Medium of Question Paper|
|All examination centres||English and Hindi|
|Examination centres in Assam||English, Hindi, and Assamese|
|Examination centres in Karnataka||English, Hindi, and Kannada|
|Examination centres in West Bengal||English, Hindi, and Bengali|
|Examination centres in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana||English, Hindi, and Telugu|
|Examination centres in Tamil Nadu||English, Hindi, and Tamil|
|Examination centres in Gujarat||English, Hindi, and Gujarati|
|Examination centres in Odisha||English, Hindi, and Oriya|
|Examination centres in Maharashtra|
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern FAQ’s:
Ques: Will NEET be conducted online or offline?
Ans: Till now NEET was conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT) in which you will have to mark your answers on an OMR sheet.
Ques: What will be the question type for NEET 2019?
Ans: The paper will contain only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) where four choices will be given for each question will be given and have to choose one among them.
Ques: What is the duration to complete the examination?
Ans: Time given to complete the examination will be 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes. Candidate will not be given additional duration under any circumstance, so they should make sure to complete on time.
Ques: What are the topics asked in the examination?
Ans: NEET 2019 comprise of topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany & Zoology)
Ques: What is the question pattern for NEET 2019?
Ans: The number of questions will be Physics – 45, Chemistry – 45, and Biology (Botany – 45 & Zoology – 45) with a total of 180 question.
Ques: What is the marking scheme for NEET 2019?
Ans: Each question will be given 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answers. The maximum marks will be 720 marks.
Ques: Where can I do the rough work for the answers?
Ans: You will be provided with your test booklet on which you can do rough work. You cannot do rough work on Admit Card, Answer Sheet, or other materials.