- MBBS and BDS aspirants must check the NEET 2019 eligibility criteria as specified by NTA before they fill the NEET 2019 Application Form.
- Requirements: The NEET 2019 eligibility criteria specifies the academic qualifications, age limit, residency status, number of attempts and other requirements that must be met by all candidates appearing for the NEET 2019.
- Note: Candidates are advised to check the NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria carefully as they will not be allowed to appear for the exam if they fail to meet the same.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria Details:
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as subjects|
|Minimum Age Limit||17 years
|Qualifying Marks||UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST- 40%, PWD- 45%|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals|
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Nationality:
All of the categories mentioned below are eligible to sit for NEET 2019:
|Eligibility as per Nationality|
|Indian Residents (AADHAAR card is a must identity proof for all Indian candidates)|
|Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)|
|Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)|
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Age:
- NEET 2019 Age Limit: The candidate must be 17 years of age at the time of admission or should complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of the candidate’s admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- Maximum Age: The upper age limit for NEET 2019 is 25 years as on the NEET 2019 date.
- Relaxation: For Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward category candidates, the upper age limit is 30 years.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Education:
- Minimum Qualification: The candidates must have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate of marks to be eligible for NEET 2019.
- Subject: The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects in their class 12th.
- Open School(s) or Private candidates: Candidates who have passed Class 12th from Open Schools or as Private candidates are also eligible to appear for NEET 2019 exam.
- Minimum percentage: All candidates appearing for NEET 2019 exam must score a minimum percentage of marks given below for the subject combination: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology. For different categories, it is as follows:
|General||50% in PCB|
|General PH||45% in PCB|
|ST/ SC/ OBC||40% in PCB|
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on All India 15% Quota Seats
Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats.
Jammu & Kashmir Students:
- Students from State of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 15% Quota seats as State of J&K has opted out of All India Scheme since its inception.
- If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically alongwith confirmation page for the record and to present the same during counselling.
- The online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature/ admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against such candidates.
- Candidates from the State of J & K can appear in NEET (UG) for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfilment of eligibility conditions.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Attempts:
- The maximum number of times a candidate can appear for NEET 2019 exam is limited to 3 (three) for all the candidates regardless of the year in which the candidate is appearing for NEET.
NEET 2019 Reservation Policy for 15% All India Quota Seats:
- SC Candidates: 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates.
- ST Candidates: 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates.
- OBC Candidates: 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions.
- PH Candidates: 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria FAQ’s:
Ques: What is the minimum qualification to appear for NEET 2019?
Ans: The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology)/ Biotechnology, and English as a mandatory subject with minimum 50% marks for general category candidate and 40% marks for reserved category candidates from a recognized board of education.
Ques: Is there any possible way to get admission in MBBS/ BDS by other than NEET Entrance Exam?
Ans: Admissions for MBBS/ BDS seats will be done through the NEET only which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Ques: What is the minimum qualification to appear for NEET 2019 for foreign candidates?
Ans: The candidates must have passed 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology)/ Biotechnology, and English as a mandatory subject with minimum 50% marks and their equivalency determined by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as per regulations of the Medical Council of India and the concerned University.
Ques: What is the minimum age criteria to appear for NEET 2019?
- Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or will attain the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/ her admission to the 1st year MBBS/ BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET 2019 is 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Ques: Which type of Disabilities are included in the benefits of PWD candidates?
Ans: 5% seats of the annual sanctioned intake shall be filled by candidates falling under Persons with BenchMark disabilities as per MCI Guidelines/ Regulations in accordance with the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.