- MBBS and BDS candidates must check the NEET 2019 eligibility criteria as specified by CBSE before they fill the NEET 2019 Application form.
- Requirements: The NEET 2019 eligibility criteria specify the academic qualifications, age limit, residency status, number of attempts and other requirements that must be met by all candidates appearing for the NEET 2019 exam.
- Note: Candidates are advised to check the NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria carefully as they will not be allowed to appear for the exam if they fail to meet the same.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria Details:
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as subjects|
|Minimum Age Limit||17 years
|Qualifying Marks||UR – 50%, OBC/SC/ST- 40%, PWD- 45%|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals|
Note: As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota seats.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Nationality:
All of the categories mentioned below are eligible to sit for NEET 2019:
|Eligibility as per Nationality|
|Indian Residents (AADHAAR card is a must identity proof for all Indian candidates)|
|Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)|
|Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)|
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Age:
- NEET 2019 Age Limit: The candidate must be 17 years of age at the time of admission or should complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of the candidate’s admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
- Maximum Age: The upper age limit for NEET 2019 exam is 25 years as on the NEET 2019 exam date.
- Relaxation: For Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe/ Other Backward category candidates, the upper age limit is 30 years.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Education:
- Minimum Qualification: The candidates must have passed class 12th exam or its equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% aggregate of marks to be eligible for NEET 2019.
- Subject: The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects in their class 12th.
- Open School(s) or Private candidates: Candidates who have passed Class 12th from Open Schools or as Private candidates are also eligible to appear for NEET 2019 exam.
- Minimum percentage: All candidates appearing for NEET 2019 exam must score a minimum percentage of marks given below for the subject combination: Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Biotechnology. For different categories, it is as follows:
|General||50% in PCB|
|General PH||45% in PCB|
|ST/ SC/ OBC||40% in PCB|
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria based on Attempts:
- The maximum number of times a candidate can appear for NEET 2019 exam is limited to 3 (three) for all the candidates regardless of the year in which the candidate is appearing for NEET.
NEET 2019 Reservation Policy for 15% All India Quota Seats:
- SC Candidates: 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates.
- ST Candidates: 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates.
- OBC Candidates: 27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions.
- PH Candidates: 3% seats are reserved on horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates.