- Eligibility: Candidates who have cleared the NEET 2019 exam will be eligible to participate in the NEET 2019 counselling process.
- Mode: NEET 2019 Counselling will be conducted online.
- Counselling Date: The Counselling process will be conducted in the month of August and September 2019.
- Number of Rounds: The qualified candidates will go through two rounds of counselling.
- NEET Rank: Admissions are given to students based on the rank obtained from NEET 2019 Results.
- Choice of College: During the NEET 2019 Counselling session, students are allowed to select the institutes as per their choice.
- State Quota: The counselling session for the state quota, universities, and centralized institutions will be held according to their own set of rules.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted to students as per their order of choice and the availability of seats in the participating institutes.
NEET 2019 Counselling Round 1:
- Registration: The candidates have to register themselves on the NEET 2019 official website in order to attend the NEET 2019 counselling session.
- Registered Candidates: Candidates who have already registered for counselling sessions can participate in the counselling process by entering their login ID and personal password.
The information required for registration is as follows:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Date of birth
- NEET 2019 roll number
- NEET 2019 Application number
Exercising Choices and Locking of seats:
- Selection: The candidates have a choice between Medical and Dental colleges and they can select and lock one of these by clicking the “Save” button.
- Lock and Save: The candidates can interchange their opted choice for institutes as per requirement, but once the choice has been Locked and Saved by the candidates, they can neither be changed nor can be unlocked.
- List of Colleges: Once the candidate locks his choices, the list of Medical and Dental colleges available will appear on the screen.
NEET 2019 Counselling Round 2:
- Upgraded Session: The second round of NEET 2019 counselling will just be an upgraded session of the choices selected in round 1.
- No New Registrations: There will be no provisions for new registrations and choice submissions in round 2.
- Seat Allotment: The further process of the allotment of seats in Medical and Dental colleges are done in round 2.
- Fresh Choices: Candidates taking part in second round of online allotment will have to submit fresh choices during choice submission period and lock the choices.
- Locked Choices: Choices locked by the candidates would be processed and the result will be published.
- Counselling Results: The Results for Round 2 of NEET 2019 counselling will be declared in September 2019.
NEET 2019 Counselling Documents:
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Admit Card/Hall Ticket
- NEET 2019 Result
- Candidate’s Metric Certificate (for the date of birth proof)
- Candidate’s Class XII certificate
- Candidate’s Passport size 10 photographs (same as affixed on the NEET 2019 application form)
- Candidate’s Identity proof
- SC/ST proof certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Physically Handicapped Certificate issued by the medical authority (if applicable)
NEET 2019 Counselling Guidelines:
- Registration Link: During this step of registration, eligible candidates as declared by CBSE will have to register online on the NEET 2019 Official website.
- Enrollment: Candidates will have to click on the ‘New registrations’ tab and enter their details such as roll number, all India rank, and percentile score for enrollment.
- Username: After registration, candidates will be allotted a username and password.
Exercising of Choices and Locking:
- Candidates will have to select their choice of medical and dental college where they wish to take admission. While exercising their options, candidates can interchange their opted choices as many times as they want before locking them.
- Once the choice is locked by the candidates, they cannot be modified. Further, the locked choices will start appearing on candidate’s screen.
Seat Allotment Process
- During the seat allotment process, the seats will be allotted to candidates according to their choice of medical and dental college.
- After the seat allotment process, the result for round 1 of NEET 2019 counselling will be published online in a pdf format. The result will consist of the state name, institute name, branch, category, and total seats.
- After the counselling result release, the candidates will have to report to the medical and dental college within the stipulated time.