Government jobs are something every individual wants to do, thus Government exams are conducted to choose employees. These jobs have a lot of value. Moreover, in the present generation, women are equally interested as men in working and taking up these jobs.
They have a lot of benefits like loans, insurance, medical facilities at extremely deducted costs, pension after retirement. This pension will secure their future. Moreover, these pensions are better than private firms’ pension.
Government exams include many streams and many kinds. The top ones among them are:
1. IBPS bank exams
2. UPTET exams
3. BPCL recruitment
4. MDL exams
5. RBI assistant recruitment.
Focusing on Karnataka Administrative Service exams the criteria are as follows:
1. The candidate must have completed his graduation or bachelors degree or Masters degree. He should have completed it from an authorized university established by law in India.
2 He should be between 21-35 years of age.
3. In case of an SC or ST person they have a relaxation period of 5 years to the upper limit.
4. For other backward class categories their upper age limit is 38 years.
5. Physically handicapped or window candidates’ people will have an advantage of 10 years in addition to the general upper limit.
6. Above all, the most important for KAS exam is that the candidate should have some knowledge in kannada.
Likewise, every exam will have few similar eligibility criteria’s. Whereas few exams will have completely different criteria’s.
Posts and Titles:
The students who clear KAS, PAS and their respective state service exams can be promoted to be IAS, IFS officers. Therefore, they will require few years of experience and hard work to get promoted.
Moreover, KAS has 2 groups of postings.
Group A and B include:
1. The Karnataka Administrative
2. The Karnataka Commercial tax service
3. The Karnataka Treasury service
4. The Karnataka Labour service
5. The Karnataka Police service
6. The Karnataka general service – Branch and local government
7. The Karnataka general service – Directorate of youth services
8. The Karnataka General service- social welfare branch
9. Karnataka Food and civil supplies services
10. Karnataka Backward classes and Minorities services.
Therefore one may get into Group B after clearing the State Civil Services Exam. Both groups come under the same services, but they have different cadres.
The officers recruited by KPSC take up many posts. At the beginning, they are a sub-divisional magistrate and on promotion, they become the District Magistrates. These officers become IAS on promotion and take up key positions at the district level as Deputy Commissioners and also equivalent IAS cadre jobs at the state level. Therefore, on a whole, they take up administrative posts at the district and state.
Scheme of Examination:
As per 1997 rules, the competitive exam comprises of:
The first round is a preliminary exam which is an objective type. Secondly, it is the main examination which is a written test and the final round is the personality test. If one manages to clear all these levels then he is titled to, as a KAS officer. Karnataka Public Service Commission (KPSC) has introduced online application forms. The organization wants to hire 400 skilled and passionate people for all the groups, technical and non-technical posts.
Therefore, for an effective administration of the government, it is the policy to recruit dynamic youngsters in the administration of the state or country. It is given in the rules that the commission should invite applications from the eligible candidates for recruitment to the posts coming under Group 1 and 2 civil service posts. Therefore, government exams have always been subject to importance in the state.