NEET ( or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is an Entrance Examination conducted by the National Testing Agency for admissions to various Under-Graduate Medical Courses (MBBS/ BDS) in Government or Private Medical Colleges in India. It is a National – Level Examination conducted on a yearly basis. Preparing for NEET requires dedication and time. Thus, below we have mentioned certain points on how to prepare for NEET. Candidates can follow our tips to crack NEET with great scores.
How to prepare for NEET
- Study the Syllabus well – Before you start to prepare for NEET, study the syllabus that has been officially declared at the official website of NEET. It is better not to waste time by randomly picking up topics and studying that. Instead, have a good understanding of the topics that are included in the syllabus and then start preparing for it.
- Frame a timetable for studying – Once you get to know about the syllabus from the Official website of NEET 2019, frame a format in which you will proceed with your preparation. You can divide the chapters and make a timetable to work on it accordingly. Make the timetable in such a way so that you cover all chapters on time.
- Dedicate 3 hours a day – It can be a taxing job to continue with Board studies and also prepare for Entrance Examinations like NEET. A candidate must dedicate at least 3 hours per day for NEET preparation. This will not only help in timely preparation but will also help the candidate to learn how to prepare for NEET.
- Good quality study material – For clearing NEET with good scores, it is important that you invest in some good quality study materials. In fact, it is the most important element. Choosing the right study materials for you can be a confusing job, but you can opt for the right ones with help from your teachers and online assistance.
- Regularity – Daily practice is an important key for cracking NEET with flying colours. You have to dedicate your 100% towards the preparation if you are planning to do self-study without any help from any Coaching Institutes. Failing that, no coaching centres and study materials can help you to qualify for the exam.
- Mock Tests – Many online assessments are held nowadays. To know where you stand among other NEET aspirants, take Online Mock Tests. You can start with chapter-wise mock tests on a regular basis, and when you complete the whole syllabus, go for NEET 2019 Mock Tests. It will give you a gist of the exam pattern and the types of questions that can be asked in the examination. In short, you should know how to prepare for NEET.
- Weaker topics – It may happen that you have likings for some chapters only. In such a case, it is advisable to start working on the chapters in which you are weak. For proper preparation, do not leave any chapter. Work on the weaker chapters, if needed, take help from teachers and friends. It will give you the confidence to overcome your fears for the weaker chapters.
- Positive Attitude – This is the most important aspect of taking up any Entrance Examination. Keeping a positive attitude will not only help you to be confident in your preparation but will also help you give your best. It will help you to overcome your stress related to studies. Thus, keep a go-getter attitude to crack NEET exam and make your dream come true.
Study at Home Preparation Guideline for NEET
Planning is the main component of the study. Start by planning your day, think about your activities, your school, tuitions, and daily work. Allot 3 hours daily to prepare for NEET. Your way of how to prepare for NEET matters a lot. Follow a proper time-table. Make the timetable in advance, so that you cover all the chapters on time. Not only that, you should have ample time to dedicate to revisions and Mock test papers.
The idea of studying 3 hours daily is to simulate real-time examination conditions. Studying 3 hours at a stretch can be hectic, so take short breaks of 10 minutes after each hour. In this way, you can break your monotony and refresh your mind.
All the best for NEET exam preparation!