- Eligibility: Candidates who have cleared the NEET 2019 will be eligible to participate in the NEET 2019 counselling process.
- Mode: NEET 2019 Counselling will be conducted online.
- Counselling Date: The Counselling process will be conducted in the month of August and September 2019.
- Number of Rounds: The qualified candidates will go through two rounds of counselling.
- NEET Rank: Admissions are given to students based on the rank obtained from NEET 2019 Results.
- Choice of College: During the NEET 2019 Counselling session, students are allowed to select the institutes as per their choice.
- State Quota: The counselling session for the state quota, universities, and centralized institutions will be held according to their own set of rules.
- Seat Allotment: Seats will be allotted to students as per their order of choice and the availability of seats in the participating institutes.
Steps to Register for Counselling
Registration for NEET Counselling begins after the declaration of Result. MCI conducts the counselling to fill 15% All India Quota Seats in two rounds. The steps involved in NEET Counselling Registration are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of MCC and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Step 2: Log on to the MCC website and click on ‘Candidate login’.
- Step 3: Enter your Roll number and Password.
- Step 4: You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to enter details like Name, Roll No., Registration No., Mother’s Name, Contact No., etc. When you’re done, click on ‘Submit’.
- Step 5: After this, you will be shown all your details as per the NTA database. Verify the information and click on ‘Confirm Registration’. A Registration Slip will be generated. Candidates are advised to take a printout of this page.
NEET 2019 Counselling Rounds:
NEET 2019 Counselling Round 1:
- Registration: The candidates have to register themselves on the NEET 2019 official website in order to attend the NEET 2019 counselling session.
- Registered Candidates: Candidates who have already registered for counselling sessions can participate in the counselling process by entering their login ID and personal password.
The information required for registration is as follows:
- Candidate’s Name
- Candidate’s Date of birth
- NEET 2019 Roll Number
- NEET 2019 Application Number
Exercising Choices and Locking of seats:
- Selection: The candidates have a choice between Medical and Dental colleges and they can select and lock one of these by clicking the “Save” button.
- Lock and Save: The candidates can interchange their opted choice for institutes as per requirement, but once the choice has been Locked and Saved by the candidates, they can neither be changed nor can be unlocked.
- List of Colleges: Once the candidate locks his choices, the list of Medical and Dental colleges available will appear on the screen.
NEET 2019 Counselling Round 2:
- Upgraded Session: The second round of NEET 2019 counselling will just be an upgraded session of the choices selected in round 1.
- No New Registrations: There will be no provisions for new registrations and choice submissions in round 2.
- Seat Allotment: The further process of the allotment of seats in Medical and Dental colleges are done in round 2.
- Fresh Choices: Candidates taking part in the second round of online allotment will have to submit fresh choices during choice submission period and lock the choices.
- Locked Choices: Choices locked by the candidates would be processed and the result will be published.
- Counselling Results: The Results for Round 2 of NEET 2019 counselling will be declared in September 2019.
Documents Required for NEET 2019 Counselling:
- Candidate’s NEET 2019 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
- NEET 2019 Result
- Candidate’s Metric Certificate (for the date of birth proof)
- Candidate’s Class XII certificate
- Candidate’s Passport size 10 photographs (same as affixed on the NEET 2019 Application Form)
- Candidate’s Identity proof
- SC/ST proof certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- OBC certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Physically Handicapped Certificate issued by the medical authority (if applicable)
Merit list for counselling under 15% All India Quota:
- The merit list of the eligible and successful candidates who have opted for 15% All India quota seats will be prepared by the NTA on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET 2019.
- The list of successful candidates shall be forwarded to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for the purpose of allotment of seats by Online Counselling to 15% All India Quota Seats.
Merit list for seats other than 15% All India Quota
- NTA will provide All India Rank. The result will be given to the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India to provide the same to the Admitting Authorities.
- Admitting Authorities will invite applications for Counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the Admitting Authorities subject to their applicable rules.
- The admitting/ counselling authorities will draw merit list of the candidates in the respective categories declared by the candidates at the time of applying for admission/ counselling based on State rules.
NEET 2019 Counselling Guidelines:
- Registration Link: During this step of registration, eligible candidates as declared by NTA will have to register online on the NEET 2019 Official website.
- Enrollment: Candidates will have to click on the ‘New registrations’ tab and enter their details such as roll number, all India rank, and percentile score for enrollment.
- Username: After registration, candidates will be allotted a username and password.
Exercising of Choices and Locking:
- Candidates will have to select their choice of medical and dental college where they wish to take admission. While exercising their options, candidates can interchange their opted choices as many times as they want before locking them.
- Once the choice is locked by the candidates, they cannot be modified. Further, the locked choices will start appearing on the candidate’s screen.
Seat Allotment Process:
- During the seat allotment process, the seats will be allotted to candidates according to their choice of medical and dental college.
- After the seat allotment process, the result for round 1 of NEET 2019 counselling will be published online in a pdf format. The result will consist of the state name, institute name, branch, category, and total seats.
- After the counselling result release, the candidates have to report to the medical and dental college within the stipulated time.
General Instructions for NEET Counselling
Counselling for Seats Under 15% All India Quota and all seats in Central Institutions Including AFMC, ESI, Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU and Deemed Universities
- Online counselling would be conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services.
- Information for online counselling will be available only on Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) website (www.mcc.nic.in).
- Qualified candidates should read the counselling related information carefully and understand the course of action to be taken by them for appearing in the Counselling.
- Any query related to 15 % All India Quota, Central Institutions including AFMC, ESI, Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU and Deemed Universities Counselling may be referred to the following address:
The Assistant Director General (ME),
Directorate General of Health Services,
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi-110 108
- For all counselling related queries, a scheme of counselling, FAQs’, please refer to the website www.mcc.nic.in.
- Candidates must update themselves regarding circulars, notices, news events etc. from the above website.
NEET 2019 Counselling FAQ’s:
Ques: When will the NEET 2019 Results will be declared?
Ans: Results will be declared on the official website for all the candidates on 5th June 2019.
Ques: What are the details mentioned on the scorecard?
Ans: The details mentioned on the NEET scorecard are Candidate Roll Number, Application Number, Nationality, Applicant’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Category, Total Marks, Percentile Score, AIR, and NEET Cut-off score, Qualifying Status etc.
Ques: When will the NEET 2019 Counselling will be conducted?
Ans: Candidates who have cleared the NEET 2019 will be called for the counselling process in the respective centres allotted which will be held on 13th June 2019.
Ques: What is a NEET Cut-off?
Ans: NEET 2019 Cut-off is the minimum marks secured by the candidates in order to qualify the examination.
Ques: On what basis NEET cut off will be decided/ calculated?
Ans: NEET Cut-off will be decided/ calculated on the basis on the difficulty level of exam, the total number of students appearing for the exam, and the total number of seats available.