NEET 2019 Introduction:
- About: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET 2019 is conducted for aspirants who wish to study any medical course (MBBS)/ dental course (BDS) or (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India.
- Conducting Board: NEET is conducted annually by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to provide admission to the eligible candidates in MBBS/BDS Courses. So it is also called as CBSE NEET 2019.
- Admissions: NEET is also conducted for admission to 15% seats in government medical /dental colleges and in all private medical/dental colleges all over India.
- Syllabus: The syllabus for PG courses is the same as that of the MBBS course described in the MCI Regulations concerning Graduate Medical Education, 1997. The multiple choice questions (MCQs) will be based on the MBBS syllabus.
- NEET Colleges: As per the orders of Honourable Supreme Court, there will be a single medical entrance exam all over India for admission into medical and dental colleges. The colleges will not be able to conduct their own medical entrance exam and thus all will accept students based on NEET examination score.
NEET 2019 Highlights:
|Name of Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Organised by||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, (B.V.SC & A.H)*|
|Number of Seats Offered||52,305 seats for MBBS and BDS
23686 seats for MS/MD/PG Diploma
|Duration of Course||MBBS: 4½ years with 1-year compulsory rotating internship
BDS: 4 years with 1-year compulsory rotating internship
B.V.SC & A.H: 4-5 years
|Examination Date||10th May 2019|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||180 Questions|
NEET 2019 Important Dates:
- NEET 2018 Registration: The candidates will be able to fill the application form for the exam from 31st of Jan 2019.
- Admit Card: CBSE will issue an Admit card to the candidates who have applied for the exam and the same will be available for download March 2019 onwards.
- Results & Counseling: The exam Result will be declared in July 2019. After the declaration of result, the counselling process will begin from August 2019.
- Click Here for information regarding important dates concerned with NEET examination.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- NEET 2019 Age Limit: The candidates must be 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course to be eligible for the exam.
- Number of Attempts: The candidates can attempt the exam only three times.
- Open School and Private Candidates: Hon’ble High Court, Delhi permitted the students of Open School(s) and Private Candidates to submit their application form for the exam.
- To know more about the NEET eligibility criteria for the exam follow the link.
NEET 2019 Syllabus:
- Topics: NEET 2019 syllabus covers the topics from class 11th and 12th curriculum prescribed by CBSE.
- Subjects: The conducting board conducts this exam to test the knowledge of students in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- To know more about the NEET 2019 Syllabus and other details follow the link.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Total Questions: NEET 2019 Question paper will consist of 180 objective type questions. The exam will be conducted for 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Get detailed information about the NEET 2019 exam pattern here.
NEET 2019 Application Form:
- Availability: Candidates can fill the Neet 2019 application form online on the NEET 2019 official website from January 2019.
- Mode of Payment: NEET 2019 Application fee payment can be made through Credit Card/Debit Card, Net Banking/UPI or E-wallet of Common Services Centre and other service providers.
- Know more about the Application Process of NEET 2019 here.
NEET 2019 Exam Centre:
- Allotment: The exam centres are allotted to the candidates online and there is no human intervention. All candidates can select three cities of their preference for the entrance test.
- Change of choice: The choice of cities filled in the application form by the candidates and the allotted centre shall not be changed by the examination Board under any circumstances.
- To know more about the NEET exam centers and their location on the map.
NEET 2019 Admit Card:
- Availability: The NEET 2019 admit card will be accessible from April 2019 on the official website.
- Email Copy: After the applicant downloads his/her Admit Card, a copy of the admit card in pdf format will be emailed to the candidate on their registered email ID.
- Click Here to know more about how to download the NEET admit card and other details.
NEET 2019 Results:
- Result Date: The candidates can view their results on the NEET 2019 official website and the results will be available from 8th June 2019.
- Login Details: Candidates need to enter their enrollment number and Date of birth to access the NEET Results.
- Click Here to know more about how to download the NEET results and cutoffs.
NEET 2019 Counselling:
- Eligibility: The candidates who have cleared NEET 2019 exam will be eligible to participate in the counselling process during the months of August and September.
- Number of rounds: The qualified candidates will go through two rounds of the counselling session. For All India Quota, the 15% All India Seats DGHS holds an online Counselling session.
- Click Here to know more about the NEET 2019 Counselling date and process details.
NEET 2019 Preparation Tips:
- Syllabus: Candidates must compare the exam syllabus with their board syllabus and must not cover those topics which are not the part of the syllabus.
- Sample Papers: Students should include previous years question papers and NEET 2019 sample paper in their study materials. Previous year question papers will help you to get familiar with the NEET 2019 exam pattern, types of questions and question weightage.
- Books: Candidates must study from the NEET 2019 reference books which contain the complete NEET 2019 syllabus as prescribed by CBSE. To score good marks, it is necessary to study NCERT books as well for NEET 2019 preparation.
NEET 2019 Intake Category:
The admissions shall be given by the conducting board of NEET under:
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats.
- State/Private/Management/NRI Quota seats in all Private Medical/Dental/Deemed University.
- Central Pool Quota Seats
NEET 2019 Important Details:
- No Changes: Once the language option has been opted for, no changes can be made later.
- Translation: In the case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version shall be treated as final.
- Test booklet: Candidates opting for English would be provided Test Booklet in English only.
- Bilingual test books: Candidates opting for vernacular languages would be provided Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in English and the selected language.